I Will

We got married.

And it was amazing.  We both arrived in town the Wednesday before the wedding and were able finish last minute details – making sure the wedding dress fit, picking up wine to send with our parents to dinner on Thursday, check out flowers, pick up rings, etc.  Thursday evening were our bachelor/ette parties and we both had a really great time.  It was so nice to have so many of our friends show up for them.  After having been invited to so many of these in the past two years, we know how hard it is to make them happen (which is why we decided to have them so close to the wedding), so it was especially nice to have so many friends there.

My party started at 4 o’clock and ended just after midnight with me in the hotel room bed chowing down on McDonald’s french fries and a cheeseburger.  And chicken mcnuggets.  What can I say, I like to eat when I’m drunk.  There are some great and hilarious pictures of the evening, but I haven’t been able to download any of them yet and am still trying to convince my Maid of Honor to put them in a place where they can be downloaded.  Suffice it to say that there were a lot of fake penises involved, included a great cake from a great bakery in Seattle (thanks to Whitney and her boyfriend for driving it down with them).

Friday morning the girls and I headed out to get our nails done and even though we were in bed early, most of us were still exhausted from the night before.  Straight from nails was a luncheon that my mom had set up as my Bridal Shower.  Everyone brought a recipe and we had some good laughs passing around the camera from the night before.  By the end of lunch, though, everyone who attended the bachelorette party was exhausted and we all ran to our respective rooms for a nap before the rehearsal dinner.

(How did Wes’ bachelor party go?  Well, here’s a conversation from the day after:

Me: How are you feeling?
Wes [sounding pretty hung over]: Not so good.  How about you?

Me: I’m doing okay.  My girls were smart enough to bring Gatorade.

Wes: I had a Gatorade.  But I threw it up.)

After a quick nap that didn’t energize me as much as I was hoping, it was time to get ready for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.  We had scheduled a bus to take us all between the venue and the restaurant but instead of showing up on time at the correct hotel, it showed up on time at the wrong hotel.  When asked if the driver had the address, he responded with, “Yeah, it’s right here.”  Luckily, we were only 15 minutes late for everything and it didn’t ruin anything.

The dinner is where all my exhaustion caught up with me.  We had planned to hand out the gifts for our bridal party and say thank you to everyone.  I had been planning out the speech for a couple of weeks and I was sure it would all go off without a hitch.  Instead, I cried every three words and Wes finally had to take over and thank his parents and the pastor who was marrying us.  After such a display, I was certain I would fall right to sleep after getting everything ready for the following day.  But instead I was too excited to fall asleep.  Jessica and I stayed up for a bit talking and reminiscing before finally falling asleep.

Wes and his groomsmen managed to make it to a bar until 1am, where Wes was booed for getting married.  Apparently he looks too young to be married and so a drunk girl responded with  “Boooooo” when Wes said he was in town to get married.  After he disclosed his age, though, she got on board with the marriage.  Meanwhile, I was back in the hotel room sleeping soundly.  But not for long.  I woke up way too early and couldn’t go back to sleep because I was so excited.  My wedding day had finally come!  While I was washing my face Jessica knocked on the bathroom door and dropped a card off.  At first I thought it was from her, but then I realized it was from Wes.  And that’s when the crying began.  In a good way.

At breakfast I was too excited and nervous to eat.  We had a great waiter at Mother’s and everything was so delicious, but something about being 8 hours away from getting married was making me super nervous.  Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that the shuttle drive was late yet again and we just barely made our breakfast reservation with the help of my dad shuttling 8 women in an 8-seat vehicle.  Jessica, woman (and Maid of Honor) of action that she is, took care of the shuttle company, but I was still waiting for something else to go wrong.  By the time I finished my hair and make up, though, I was less nervous of things going wrong.  Our schedule was on track and I was walking around in my veil.  I felt beautiful and I was ready to get married.

When we arrived at the venue the photographer was already there and he was able to snap pictures of us getting out of the limo and walking into the venue.  We only had about 30 minutes before Wes and I were scheduled to see each other for the first time, so we quickly got ready and enjoyed some wine.  Brian, our photographer, took our rings to take some pictures and I counted down the minutes until Wes would be led into the room for our first sighting.

To Be Continued….

Leave a comment

Filed under Family, Friends, Holy Shit I'm Getting Married, Married Life, Me

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s